How quickly can you get the following information from the hundreds of packages in your enterprise?
- How many packages need to be changed to handle a column length change?
- Which packages reference the <insert your table name here> table?
- Provide documention on all the jobs that run packages on all servers.
- Is TABLOCK turned on in all the packages that use bulk insert?
- Verify and provide documentation that all 20 packages scheduled for this deployment have the changes implemeneted.
SSIS-DTS Package Search can get this information very quickly.
|SSIS-DTS Package Search 2.0|| || |
SSIS-DTS Package Search provides an easy way to find the SSIS and
DTS packages that reference a server, database, table, stored procedure,
column, etc. Be proactive and easily find the changes required in the SSIS and
DTS packages before your next database roll out.
What's NEW in SSIS-DTS Package Search 2.0
- searches all connections, properties, steps, SQL, scripts and tasks within all packages in a package repository.
- searches packages stored on Microsoft® SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005/2008/2012 with any service pack level or in .dts files.
- matches on property name in the search with the Property Name option turned on.
- searches are case senstive/insensitive with the Case Sensitive option.
- multiple search terms can be found in a package.
- AND/OR the search terms with the Match Any Search String/Match All Search Strings.
- search for the terms anywhere in the package or limit to the property level with Match Level.
- search for the terms in a specific property.
- DTSRUN SQL agent job step search with optional decryption
- great for security audits (the screen shot above shows the advanced search configuration to find all the packages with connections the use the sa or admin user id.
- filter the "chatty" results of a single term search.
- no need for those complicated regular expressionssearch results are presented in a tree view.
- search results can be saved for viewing at a later time.
- generate complete package documentation by switching to documentation mode.
- enable/disable search warnings, added specifically to handle packages with UDL connections.
- select file based packages at the directory level.
- 1 year of support included.
- follow this link to download a fully working copy of SSIS-DTS Package Search with a 30 day evaluation license.
- any modern PC with Microsoft® Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8, 32 or 64 bit.
- any edition of windows that supports Microsoft® .Net Framework v2.0
- Microsoft® .Net Framework v2.0.
- SQL Server 2000 client tools with SP4 applied or
- SQL Server 2005 client tools with the Microsoft® SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility Components installed.
- SQL Server 2008 client tools with the Microsoft® SQL Server 2008 Backward Compatibility Components installed.
- SQL Server 2012 client tools installed with Microsoft® .Net Framework v4.0.
© 2007-2013 Gerasus Software. All rights reserved.